Many know that astrology has been around for thousands of years to tell fortunes in luck and love, but did you know your sign can also determine which method to use to tidy up your home depending on your tendencies? Whether you’re an energy-filled Aries or a sentimental Cancer, scroll down to find the unique cleaning habit you should adopt!
Jump to your own or your loved ones’ signs using these links:
- Aquarius (January 20 – February 18)
- Pisces (February 19 – March 20)
- Aries (March 21 – April 19)
- Taurus (April 20 – May 20)
- Gemini (May 21 – June 21)
- Cancer (June 22 – July 22)
- Leo (July 23 – August 22)
- Virgo (August 23 – September 22)
- Libra (September 23 – October 23)
- Scorpio (October 24 – November 21)
- Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21)
- Capricorn (December 22 – January 19)
Aquarius (January 20 – February 18)
Individualistic and quirky, you have a penchant for originality and love to put unorthodox spins on mundane tasks.
- Try taking a ‘weird’ alternative to your regular methods of cleaning, like cleaning a tap with toothpaste and water, or a kettle by boiling Coca Cola for five minutes to help chores feel more fun!
- Make your cleaning duties more ‘you’, whether it be putting on your favourite album over the speakers, FaceTiming your friends or even burning a candle. You’ll be more motivated to give your abode a deep clean this way.
Pisces (February 19 – March 20)
The dreamy and romantic Pisceans don’t have trouble detaching from their social lives, but they do face a problem with procrastination.
- Try cleaning small portions of the house and taking breaks in between instead. To make sure you’re on schedule, we recommend using a specialised timer (like this Pomodoro one) to space out blocks of time for cleaning and rest so you get your cleaning done.
Aries (March 21 – April 19)
The first and most energetic of the 12 signs are the most likely to have stray items like laundry and mugs lying around due to their tendency to dive into their daily tasks headfirst and lack the willpower to finish up later.
- Make the most of your boundless energy and set aside an hour or two a week to clean up the clutter! This will also make way for more space for work and play in your home.
- An easy and sustainable way to start tidying up is to sort between things you want to keep, donate, and throw first. Then, re-organize the items you want to keep. This way, you’ll have less to declutter and organize over time, while having a better idea of what you truly need in your daily life.
Taurus (April 20 – May 20)
Widely known as one of the signs that like being surrounded by material comforts the most, you’re most likely to be found in the kitchen preparing and indulging in your favourite snacks. With a notorious taste for luxury, it’s important to keep the area in order, but in a stylish way.
- Seal away your favourite snacks properly in a see-through, airtight container to find them quickly and get your fridge in order.
- Make your go-to lounge spot clean and dust-free by using a small brush.
Also check out on StyleMag: A Guide To Storing Produce To Keep Them Fresh Longer & Tastier
Gemini (May 21 – June 21)
This sociable sign is intelligent and loves being kept occupied with many hobbies and tasks at once. Being represented by a pair of twins, they can also be indecisive, making them more likely to delay tasks they don’t like.
- Minimise distractions by turning your notifications off and set aside time to clean up forgotten messes around the house so that it’s ready for friends and family to visit anytime!
- Get a daily planner to jot all of your tasks for the day down and integrate cleaning into your schedule. This way, you’ll be planning your day ahead of time instead of spontaneously, which worsens procrastination when it comes to work you dread, like cleaning.
Cancer (June 22 – July 22)
The most peace-loving, homemaker of all the signs, you’re most likely to cling on to sentimental items of all sorts.
- For this, you may want to use the famous KonMari method to find out which ones still ‘sparks joy’ (instinctively gives you a thrill) and which ones don’t. This way, you’ll still have your favourite memories with you while having a less cluttered home.
Also check out on StyleMag: 10 Best Decluttering & Tidying Lessons From Marie Kondo’s Netflix Series
- Give your plants some extra love occasionally by clearing any dust collected on the leaves or removing dead matter from the pots.
Leo (July 23 – August 22)
Another side that takes pride in their social life, the Lion is known to be a great entertainer and loves showing off their home.
- View your home as an extension of yourself and tidy it regularly instead of rushing to do so minutes before your guests arrive! Don’t worry though, getting the motivation to do so is the most difficult part since you’re a fixed sign, the actual cleaning up will be much easier.
- Find cute or aesthetically pleasing cleaning supplies or organizers to make the cleaning process more fun, like our colourful Eclectic 2-in-1 Mop & Broom Wall Holder.
Virgo (August 23 – September 22)
Being a perfectionist and responsible Virgo, you probably already have an immaculate home without a speck of dust in sight.
- Try improving on what you already have instead, like using a cable organizer to ensure your cables are untangled, or even a fan cover to protect and prevent accumulating dust between the vents!
- Due to your attention to detail, you may overspend your time on smaller, less important matters at hand. Prioritize the difficult and strenuous main chores (like sweeping the floors and cleaning the stoves) over the details, so you get them done first rather than have them delayed indefinitely.
Libra (September 23 – October 23)
The sign represented by a set of scales loves peace and harmony as much as they love beauty and shopping for their vanities or closets. However, you can often be indecisive in many areas. At home, you may be unable to decide if you should get rid of something, or keep it, which can result in a growing pile of clutter.
- Manage the size of your vanity or grooming station by taking some time to throw out any expired products or brushes that are too old first. Then, sort the products by category, and remove any repeated items, such as lipsticks in the same shade.
- To increase harmony in your home, you can even try out Fengshui by moving around your furniture!
Also check out on StyleMag: 7 Easy Feng Shui Tips: A Guide For New Homeowners & Beginners
Scorpio (October 24 – November 21)
An incredibly intense and focused sign, the entire cleaning process is the least of your worries. In fact, you excel at it. However, like Cancer, you tend to cling to sentimental items and it (literally) shows.
- Clear out your home by tossing out whatever no longer resonates with who you are now.
- Your love of control also means you’re more likely to clean up messes when you make them, rather than waiting for cleaning time later in the week. Get yourself a mini cleaning set to keep at your desk to clean up small scraps of paper and stray eraser dust quickly.
Browse our collection of Cleaning Essentials here!
Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21)
Like your fellow Fire sign, Aries, you seem to have boundless energy and are always on the hunt for adventure and ways to improve on yourself.
- Pick a time of the day where you’re the most awake to focus on tidying up messes around the house. Your energetic spirit gives you an edge for this!
- To combat your chronic restlessness, start with more intense tasks like sweeping and mopping the floors before scaling down to less physically taxing ones like doing the laundry.
Capricorn (December 22 – January 19)
Capricorn, like Virgo, is often recognized as the detail and goal-oriented workaholic, so setting up a personal cleaning schedule to keep you on track would benefit you the most.
- Squeeze in cleaning ‘sessions’ to declutter and clean your home using a planner to ensure you have a tidy space to work and rest in!
- Don’t neglect often forgotten areas where dust collects, like blind panels, for a truly immaculate home.
Understanding your personal strengths and weaknesses using astrology can help make even the smallest areas of your life more efficient. Let us know how accurate the suggested method for your sign is using the poll below!